- University of Michigan (B.A. 1978)
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D. 1982).
- Past Chair of the Chicago Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Past Chair of the Chicago Bar Association Committee on Immigration and Nationality Law
- Past Executive Board Member of the Chicago Chapter of AILA
- Named among the top immigration attorneys in the State of Illinois in the Super Lawyers – Corporate Counsel Edition
- Named among the leading corporate immigration attorneys in the State of Illinois by Who’s Who Legal: Illinois
- Member of INBLF (2013-present)
- Admitted to U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit (1995)
- Admitted to the Illinois Bar (1982)
Mr. Davidson has appeared as a speaker at national and professional seminars including AILA conferences, universities and community forums. He co-organized the Midwest Chapter’s AILA Conferences in 2004 and 2008; organized Chicago AILA Chapter Labor Certification Seminar in 2002; and has spoken as a panelist at the national AILA Annual Conferences on issues related to asylum in 2002 and 2007.
He was co-chairman of the Litigation Roundtable in Chicago from 2011 to 2013 and 2014 to 2016. He represents individuals with regard to a wide variety of issues as well as many domestic and international corporations in matters before the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
Federal Appellate Decisions
Galina v. INS, 213 F.3d 955 (Seventh Circuit, 2000)
Mezvrishvili v. US Attorney General, 467 F.3d at 1297 (Eleventh Circuit, 2006)
“Applications for Asylum at Ports of Entry.” Immigration and Nationality Law Handbook 2002-03 Edition. American Immigration Lawyers Association.