ALERT: Rescheduling Appointments Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
If you become ill for any reason, regardless of whether you were exposed to COVID-19, please do not come to appointments with any USCIS office. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice to reschedule your appointment or interview if you:
- Have traveled internationally to any country outside the U.S. within 14 days of your appointment;
- Believe that you may have been exposed to COVID-19 (even if you have not travelled internationally); or
- Are experiencing flu-like symptoms (such as a runny nose, headache, cough, sore throat or fever).
Visit CoronaVirus.gov for a complete list of CDC travel health notices.
We will help you reschedule your appointment without penalty when you are healthy.
Learn about the USCIS Response to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and more about the Department of Homeland Security’s response.
USCIS wants to ensure the safety of those whom we serve and our employees. Please do not visit a USCIS office if you are sick or start to feel symptoms of being sick. We will help you reschedule your appointment, without penalty, when you are better. If you have an illness or are exhibiting symptoms, we recommend you cancel and reschedule your USCIS appointment. Some illnesses and symptoms include:
- A cold or the flu
- Fever or nausea
- Severe headaches or body aches
- Muscle or stomach pain, chest pain or difficulty breathing
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Active tuberculosis (TB)
- Mumps, measles, chickenpox
- Other contagious disease
If you need to reschedule an appointment
Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice to reschedule your appointment. There is no penalty if you reschedule your appointment.
If you come to a USCIS office when you are sick
For the safety of our employees and those that we serve, if you or someone with you appears ill or meets any of the conditions listed above, the officer may cancel your appointment or interview. We will assist you in rescheduling your appointment, without any penalty.